[Dixielandjazz] Buck Clayton Jam Session LP

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 15:55:01 PDT 2010

> If you want an extended Dixieland performance get a chair or two, and let two hornmen have the floor letting the other(s) sit out, and forget any notion of so many bars each.

As far as I remember, there are some lengthy tunes by the Condon band
on "Coast to Coast" Jam Session (Columbia CL 547)', albeit nowhere as
long as some of the Clayton Jam Sessions.

There were more than one LP, actually - a whole series.  Only a few
performances were spliced.  And the "someone" that did that was George
Avakian.