[Dixielandjazz] Long songs

Phil OR philor at webone.com.au
Wed Apr 14 07:14:57 PDT 2010

I can remeber in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia a song (I won't go and find
which one) with Kenny Davern and Paul Furniss that went for about 20 minutes
or more. They were swapping bars, then choruses and building on each other,
It was as hot as any music I have heard, 1972 and I still remember. I forget
the name of the venue but I do know it was across the road from the "New
Sydney Hotel".
Later in the week they tried to replicate it at a "Public Concert" but then
it was lacking the spontenaiety (?) of the original.
WOW!!!
This was at one of the Australian Jazz Conventions, the longest continous
running jazz convention (festival but don't hit me for using that word) in
the world.

Phil O'Rourke
Australia