[Dixielandjazz] Long songs

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Apr 14 18:37:46 PDT 2010

Phil OR wrote:
> I can remeber in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia a song (I won't go and find which one) with Kenny Davern and Paul Furniss that went for about 20 minutes or more. They were swapping bars, then choruses and building on each other, It was as hot as any music I have heard, 1972 and I still remember. I forget the name of the venue but I do know it was across the road from the "New Sydney Hotel".
> Later in the week they tried to replicate it at a "Public Concert" but then it was lacking the spontenaiety (?) of the original.
> WOW!!!

Dear Phil,
I too certainly remember that one.
(As you know I wuz also there.)
The tune: "Lover, Come Back to Me".
The date: about 28th December 1977.
The venue: the Playhouse Theatre.
The New Sydney Hotel: a great watering hole. Remember?
8>)
I also agree that the shorter attempt at a repeat performance at the Public Concert was not the same.
Very kind regards,
Bill.