[Dixielandjazz] Diz Disley Obituaries

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 13 16:41:04 PDT 2010

Hi Keith,

Thanx for posting Diz's obit URL's to the list.
However, the photo used in the Telegraph's piece and captioned "Disley and
Stephane Grappelli" does, I believe, depict not Steph but British/Belgian
(?) violinist, the late Johnny van Derrick who died in 1995. What condition
they are in now I don't know, but I should have some tape of their BBC
material from the mid-1960's. Just need to find it which will be no easy
task.
Cheers,
~~
John D