[Dixielandjazz] Saxophones and mouldy figs

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 15:45:21 PDT 2010

Hello Bill,
Actually, if you invoke being a fig as a reason for not liking violins
and soprano saxophone, how about the other saxophones?  After all.
bein so mouldy, you KNOW saxophone is not a jazz instrument!
Unfortunately, my copy of "The Heart of Jazz" has been lost, so I
cannot quote the proper arguments.  But even my "Bible" (Rex Harris'
and Brian Rust's "Recorded Jazz: A Critical Guide"), in discussing the
Wolverines, at least hints at the inferiority of the saxophone as
compared to the trombone.
Cheers