[Dixielandjazz] The Saints of Bleecker Street

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 18:15:38 PDT 2010

Okay, Steve, now that we've got all that out of the way, I've got an Atco LP
headed "Frank Hubbell & the Stompers: Penny Candy and Other Treats"
with personnel such as Cutty Cutshall, Bob Wilbur, Al Chernet, Don
Butterfield
and even Bob Haggart on a coupla cuts.

Were these "Stompers" pre or post "Village Stompers"?

Then, along about the same time, Liberty put out an album of Spike Jones NEW
band, boasting "the Washington Square sound" but not including that number
on
the album.

While the numbers are fine, to me Spike Jones being serious is as about as
unrewarding as when Don Rickles starts to get apologetic with "I really like
you
Puerto Rican people," etc.

And then, of course we can't forget Carl Hubbell...........oh no, I guess he
pitched
for the NY Giants.

Thanx
Harry  (just put it on my tab)