[Dixielandjazz] John Thomas

Charles Kercher ekercher at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Apr 1 14:51:51 PDT 2010

Hey Sheik, He, for sure, is the one whereof you speak. John created the
book, "The Dixie Player's Fun Book." John managed a small printing in the
early '80s and from there on the book gradually became used across the
country and also overseas by copying. John has never lost a wink of sleep
over this. He says, "I put the book together to help those Dixie bands that
only knew a dozen tunes. It has some chordal mistakes and I never thought
that it would be used by so many players." John is a fine fellow, player,
and entertainer.
He is living with his daughter at this time because of a fire at his house.
He can be reached this e-mail address: punchthomas at glasschickstation.com or
his daughter's phone 904-783-3247  All the best, chuck kercher