[Dixielandjazz] More is better? Not necessarily!

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 05:27:15 PDT 2009

Hi,
I probably am to blame for the thread evolving into "going over time."
This isn't something that should happen, or happens often, certainly
not with seasoned and veteran professionals.
But, when pros like Buddy Tate, Benny Watters (OKOM), Dizzy Gillespie,
Sonny Stitt, Monk or Kay Winding (not so OKOM, but, in 1972, old
hands) feel like playing more than their scheduled time, one knows
something extraordinary is happening!  Thus, it isn't just about
"going over time,"  but about who or why is going over time.  And, in
both instances quoted, it involved some of the best and most
experienced musicians in their field.
Cheers