[Dixielandjazz] Jazz in Ft Lauderdale FL area

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 22 09:38:52 PDT 2009

> Marek Boym <marekboym at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello folks,
> A friend of mine will be visiting the Fort Lauderdale-West Palm
> Beach-Miami area in Florida from the end of this month and until
> November 19, when she's scheduled to fly to Los Angeles and stay there
> until the 24th.  She's be interested in hearing some jazz (that means
> - OKOM, i.e. - Dixieland and swing).
> So, if you know of any places that feature OKOM around that time,
> please let me know.

Dear Marek:

I believe the Hot Jazz & Alligator Gumbo Society (HAGS) plays
Dixieland Jazz the 4th Sunday of each month at the ELKs Lodge in
nearby Pompano Beach from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM. Cost is $10.

Address is Elks Lodge, 700 Northeast 10th Street, Pompano Beach FL
33060. Phone is 954-563-5390

Fourth Sunday of October is the 25th she gets there by then. Fourth
Sunday in November is the 22nd, but she'll be gone by then.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband