[Dixielandjazz] Jack Maheu

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 22 08:39:15 PDT 2009

Marek Boym wrote:

>> Steve Wrote: I agree completely with fellow clarinetist Bob Maheu
>

> The only Robert Maheu I've found was a businessman.  Are you sure it's
> not Jack Maheu?

Oops, mea culpa. Memory is the second thing to go. Yes, I meant Jack
Maheu. When writing my post, I was thinking of the time I jammed with
him and Bob Haggart and others at a loft cutting session in NYC and
the Bob overcame the Jack. He was a fine jazz clarinetist and is a
great guy. He played often  at the Balaban owned Condon's from about
1979 till it closed in the mid 1980s.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband