[Dixielandjazz] "Stomp" was (Dallas Brass)

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Mon Oct 19 21:29:08 PDT 2009

A group that combines both brass and percussion and dance/stagecraft
with pretty good results is called "Blast!" They were formed out of a
competitive Drum and Bugle Corps (if you are not familiar with this
musical show concept, google:  DCI or Drum Corps International )

I saw them a few years ago in San Jose - a very good show!

Here is a good clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGkhiiM-KRg
and there are many other related clips.

Not traditional OKOM at all, but they are trying to take traditional
brass band music to a multi-level high, and I think they do a pretty
good job of it.

Dave Richoux (who was in the US Navy Drum and Bugle Corps way back -
nothing anywhere near like this! )