[Dixielandjazz] Panama (or now known as Ory's Kiss)

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Wed Oct 7 11:24:03 PDT 2009

Hi Richard. I'm very sorry for your loss. I've been deathly afraid not to
back up--a PITA, but I back my data onto 1 gb sticks--Staples has 'em for
something like 6 for..shoot I forget, but it's cheap.

What's "Professor Bill's site"--I'd to get that midi.

I don't sweat critique--I usually learn something more or less interesting.
I also know that jazz cats are trying to do their "thing" and don't
necessarily agree with my philosophy.

BTW, I know that not all the notes on my "Panama" lead sheet aren't
correct, but most of 'em are familiar, and if you play the sheet at least
semi-straight, everyone will know what tune you're playing, and band
substitutes won't have trouble knowing where you are. I try to find the
"good" notes eventually, but if I've made it possible for non-edperts to
play the tune in credible fashion, I'm happy.

--Sheik