[Dixielandjazz] Panama (or now known as Ory's Kiss)

richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 7 01:43:16 PDT 2009

Thanks Steve, you've shaken up the remaining cells in my brain. Must be a senior moment!

I've known all along it's title ~ I've check my sheet music but can't find it (for now). I have the chords to an additional strain, rarely played (16Aa ~ source unknown).
For The Sheik & Bob check out Professor Bill's site he has a midi for you. I thought I saw Panama sheet music at Lester Levy's site but it's not there. I had a computer (pc) virus that wiped out all my files (everything, holiday photos as well) ~ I'd been collecting original covers and music for "correct titles" and other useful info for gigs.

As for the critism of The Sheik I can't see it in my original post. Now we've sorted Panama how about for renaming the other Panamas ~ Blow Torch (Wild Bill's version).
Just joking Sheik.

I'm just pondering whether to keep playing Tiger Rag as I know it or add the missing section of the ODJBs or use the Tiger Rag model that Parker & Diz played live. Second thoughts I stick to the older version and wait til my technique catches up.
Better stop this or else next up is Friendless Blues (2 themes both 12 bar blues or is it?)

Richard