[Dixielandjazz] Panama - Paragon Ragtime Orchestra was Original Sheet Music

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 7 08:17:56 PDT 2009

On Oct 7, 2009, at 1:00 AM, Stan Brager wrote:

> Steve;
>
> Perhaps you should listen to Rick Benjamin's Paragon Ragtime
> Orchestra's
> version of "Panama" from their Black Manhattan album. Here's a link
> to this
> CD:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ybwqdef
>
> Here's a link to Amazon where you can download this version of
> "Panama" for
> only $0.99:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ya2s9eg
>
> Tell me what you think? If you think it was a waste of money, I'll
> reimburse
> you a buck.

Thanks Stan. I listened to the sample but decided not to buy the Mp3.
Sounded good and clearly a dance tune to a tango beat. I am not really
into that kind of music and wouldn't know what to do with it, not
being a collector. <grin>
Fun to hear once, though.

I used to collect records as a kid, but ceased as I started to play
more and listen to live bands. Gave all my records away to wannabe
jazz musicians as I got older. Wish I'd kept a few as some are now
quite valuable. (like I had some of the original Hot 5/Hot 7 pressings)

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband