[Dixielandjazz] Panama - "A Characteristic Novelty"

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Tue Oct 6 22:12:50 PDT 2009

Well,

I knew as soon as I posted some tentative research somebody else would
have some more factual info. Thanks Ingemar!

The Dapogny version I mentioned sounds very much like the several
*Panama,* "A Characteristic Novelty" piano solos I just found
searching on the full title. Since James Dapogny is a music scholar as
well as a performer, I have to assume his band was playing from an
arrangement based very closely on the original version...

David Richoux