[Dixielandjazz] Cees van den Heuvel

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 1 19:35:01 PDT 2009

For folks who may have missed previous posts about Cees' passing, Dick
Sleeman   posted about Cees' funeral on August 4. Then when asked for
more details of  Cee's death, he posted this back on August 5th.

Cheers:
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband

Hi Rebecca:

Cees wrote me (and others, I presume) an email on the 4th of July
(which is,as you   probably know, in our country a normal day :-))
under the subject "pech"                   (= "hard luck"), in which
he announced that he had a tumor in his right lung, as a      result
of dissemination of another cancer he already was treated for. The
doctors told him it was terminal, with an expectation of weeks or
hopefully, months.
He died July 30.

We used to play together frequently, I used to be a member of the
Revival
Jass Band as well, and we were both invited to join ad hoc bands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEnmEzT4kJo

Best regards,

Dick Sleeman