[Dixielandjazz] Chrismas Jazz

Scott Anthony santh at comcast.net
Fri Nov 27 09:35:07 PST 2009

Dan Polin passed away at least 10 years ago (I think). He was a an avid
photographer (among other interests) from the Seattle area and ran a one- or
two- person recording company called DanJazz. He was the recording engineer
and producer of most of Uptown Lowdown's recordings into the 1990s. He
engineered and produced our first CD, "When My Dreamboat Comes Home" in
1989.

Here is a short description from a Google search from a page I found from
before his death:

"Dan Polin, photographer, is a true Renaissance man of today; Eagle Scout,
World War II veteran, aerospace engineer, photographer, classical and
dixieland jazz music buff and record collector, fisherman, target shooter
and reloader and presently a jazz recording producer and book publisher. He
is the author of the book Let There Be Light, Words, and Music."

Scott Anthony
Golden Gate Rhythm Machine