[Dixielandjazz] OKOM ... none left?

billsharp sharp-b at clearwire.net
Sun Nov 22 14:38:58 PST 2009

Ringwald's remark  . . . .

"When I first started playing OKOM, everyone older than me was from the
Jazz age.  Now, none of them are left."
--Bob (where's my walker) Ringwald

  Bob, you forgot - - - you're left.

Wow. Your point could be very disturbing because it points out the
reality, according to the way I'm thinking it through,
is that we have to conclude that we are playing dead people's
compositions for no one  left to listen ( at least from the Jazz Era).

What cheers me up is that same can be said for classical music.  Yet,
it endures, meaning there must be something similarily relevant to
keeping OKOM music, as with classical, alive.

Bill (I see dead people) Sharp
I've concluded that I'm too old to die young, and not young enough to
know everything