[Dixielandjazz] dave brubeck

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Tue Nov 10 11:06:54 PST 2009

To Musicians and jazzfans & DJML
Correction!  Error in my previous post!

Dave Hanson is trombonist par excellence in Atlanta.  He corrects me on my
geography--kindly and gently.  And I thank him for his graciousness.
( Dean Hampton is the KC Jazz activist--)  I apologize  to both for the
lapse of memory.

Hanson gives me points for correct name of the piano with extra
keys--Bosendorfer.

Thanks all.  Previous comments appended should you wish to clarify further.
Otherwise stop here!
_______________________
>Re:  further comments on Dave Brubeck's performance at age 88...

>Victor Horwitz quipped:   I am surprised that no one (in the press or
otherwise) picked up that Brubeck, at 88, played on a piano with 88 keys ! !
>                        Victor H

>Kansas City jazz activist Dave Hanson replied:Brubeck could have been
playing on a Meiserdorf which has an additional octave in the
bass............Dave

>Vickers said: "Meiserdorf" is a new name to me( I can find Meisdorf,
Germany but no piano by that name), but Bosendorfer piano has extra keys.
>Vickers also quipped:  There will always be nit-pickers! (smile)
								----End--
finally!---