[Dixielandjazz] dave brubeck

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Tue Nov 10 09:54:00 PST 2009

To  Musicians and Jazzfans list; DJML
>From Norman & Dave Hanson

Re:  further comments on Dave Brubeck's performance at age 88...

Victor Horwitz quipped:

>     I am surprised that no one (in the press or otherwise) picked up
>
>        That Brubeck, at 88, played on a piano with 88 keys ! !
>                        Victor H

Kansas City jazz activist Dave Hanson replied:

Brubeck could have been playing on a Meiserdorf which has an additional
octave in the bass............Dave

Vickers said: "Meiserdorf" is a new name to me( I can find Meisdorf, Germany
but no piano by that name), but Bosendorfer piano has extra keys.
Vickers also quipped:  There will always be nit-pickers! (smile)

From: Dave Hanson [mailto:jazzdude39 at att.net]