[Dixielandjazz] Does Keyboard & Amp Sound Dissappoint AnyoneElse?

AL LEVY jazz_man at ix.netcom.com
Sat Nov 7 08:22:55 PST 2009

Dan Spink wrote:
Am I the only piano man who hates the sound of keyboard
and amp?
===============
I agree! Used to be that every bar, club and restaurant
had acoustic pianos, usually grands. I carried my music and
I helped the drummer carry his gear.
One experience. My wife and I went to Eisenhower Park
on Long Island to hear Maynard Ferguson's big band.
The bass, guitar and keyboard were all amplified.
The band sounded awful to me. We started to leave when
a circuit breaker blew and all the amplification stopped.
It never came back on. Of course we stayed for the rest
of the performance and loved it.
Cheers,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com