[Dixielandjazz] Tuba Skinny (Slim?) And His Tiny Men?

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Thu May 21 21:57:14 PDT 2009

Well, I have not been able to find anyone to help me do a kid's jazz band
but I do have an 11 member kid's banjo band going.  And looks like I may
have some serendipity operating come next Thursday.  I made  arrangements for
these kids to play in public on the 4th Thursday of these next  4 months at
a local Farmer's Market.  I was there today talking to the guy  who runs the
stall next to where the kids will set up and play.  I was  asking him what
the scene is like at 4:30 on Thursdays since I can never be  there at that
time which is rehearsal time 40 minutes away.  He tells me  that the place is
over-run with kids and parents, even teens.  Seems there  is a major snow
cone attraction open there at that time.  So now, I'm very  interested to see
if we get ignored OR suddenly a bunch of kids decide that  playing banjo
that's not bluegrass is in, and they are missing out.  Tunes  we'll play.  A
variety but things like Puff the Magic Dragon & Rock  Around the Clock, &
Saints, & Mama Don't Allow all part of the  program.
Ginny

In a message dated 5/21/2009 11:40:36 P.M. Central Daylight Time,