[Dixielandjazz] Off to see how the other half lives -- half of Michigan that it.

Don Ingle cornet at 1010internet.com
Thu May 21 21:09:00 PDT 2009

Oh sure - now that my laptop is humming along just fine, I will be away
from it this weekend.

I will be off for couple days to the other side of Michigan on the
shores of Lake Huron.
Wife is attending her 55th high school reunion in Alpena. You know
Alpena -- from the winter weather reports about the coldest temperatures
of the day in the US. Alpena is on the weather service's A list.

I am the driver and designated meeter of other old people that Jean
doesn't even recognize.
I on the other hand would have gone to North Hollywood this year for my
60th  graduation reunion. But no -- I stayed home to catch trout, listen
to some good tapes, and sip some very fine usque baugh - single malt to
you sassenoch.  But there are fish to catch over in the Thunder Bay
River, so I don't mind going along so she can introduce me to more of
those old classmates she barely remembered the last time.

Alpena, by the way, is an Ojibwa word for partridge - a grouse actually.
We eat a few of those each year as well trout and salmon.
Hunter-Gatherer role doesn't pay much but we eat good.

The reason I mention all these things I can do beside drive my lady is
that since I can't join a lot of you at Sacramento. . . well. . . got to
do something besides listening to the grass grow.

Have a good festival you lucky lads and lassies- or at least hear a good
DVD. I'm going to so if the caneo doesn't leak.

Don (lonesome for Uncle Billy Gunter) in northern  Michigan) Ingle