[Dixielandjazz] Oldest trad band continuously still playing

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 04:56:46 PDT 2009

On 22/03/2009, bud <rosebud at torchlake.com> wrote:
> My Epsilon Jass Band is 46 years old this spring, Can anyone give me details
> of longer running bands?

Don't know about the US, but the Dutch Swing College Band (although at
first it had a different name) has been around since 1944 or 1945, non
stop.
Other contenders: Acker Bilk, Chris Barber, Kenny Ball and the
Merseysippi Jazz Band (all British), or the Barrelhouse Jazz Band of
FRankfurt, Germany, which was established in 1953 and, I believe, is
still going strong.
I'm sure that you'll find other long-lived bands in Europe.

SUPPORT LIVE JAZZ!
Cheers