[Dixielandjazz] Montreal Jazz Festival/Location

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 19 08:36:50 PDT 2009

Hi Marek:

Picky, picky, picky. <grin>

If not jazz, then what? I know, no doubt you would call Brubeck
"noise". But I think just about everyone else in the world calls it
jazz. What is there in his music that does not fit the definition of
jazz? And if Desmond and Morello are not jazz musicians, nobody is.

On Jun 19, 2009, at 10:20 AM, Marek Boym wrote:

> Brubeck surely does not fall within the "borders" of OKOM?
> There were days I knew albums like "Blue Rondo a la Turk" by heart
> (late 1950's-early '60's), trying to understand how they fell within
> the definition of "jazz.''  What a waste of time!  And the
> post-Desmond and Morello group has been much worse.
> Cheers

I'm located in Oxford Pennsylvania USA. Named after Oxford England and
in the rolling hills of Chester County. It's horse country, fox
hunting and all those other things that remind us those who settled
here on the land grant from the King to William Penn. Surrounding
towns include Nottingham, Devon, New London, Avondale, etc., etc.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonesttreetjazzband