[Dixielandjazz] Bill Bardin

Bob Shoring bobshoring at sfo.com
Mon Jun 15 15:02:26 PDT 2009

Hi Mike,

Last I heard was that Bill Bardin had retired from playing.  I think I
last heard him play trombone about 3 or 4 years ago with the Jelly Roll
Jazz Band (5-piece version).  It stands out in my mind as he did an
incredible solo on "Wild Man Blues."  Probably the ones who would likely
know is status are Ted Shafer or Earl Scheelar.  Perhaps they are not on
this list, but fellow musician Jim O'Briant <jobriant at garlic.com> plays
with them regularly.  I do have fond memories of him playing with Bob
Helm in the Zenith JB.

Bob Shoring

Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 09:40:50 -0700
"M J (Mike) Logsdon" <mjl at ix.netcom.com> wrote