[Dixielandjazz] Bill Bardin

James O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Fri Jun 19 18:35:37 PDT 2009

Bob Shoring wrote:

> Last I heard was that Bill Bardin had retired from
> playing.  ...  Probably the ones who would likely
> know is status are Ted Shafer or Earl Scheelar.
> Perhaps they are not on this list, but fellow
> musician Jim O'Briant plays with them regularly.  ...

I'm typing this from the stage at Champa restaurant in El
Sobrante, CA, where the Jelly Roll Jazz Band will play our regular
Friday night gig from 7 - 10 PM, starting in about half an hour
from now.

Ted Shafer says that Bill Bardin is very much alive, still living
at the same place in Oakland, CA, and is doing a limited amount of
playing.  Ted also says to mention that Bill can be heard on Merry
Makers compact discs # MMRCD-28 and MMRCD-29.

Jim O'Briant
Tuba