[Dixielandjazz] Pujé info

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 12 11:21:43 PDT 2009

It's too bad Bobby DiNicola passed away...he was a fine gentleman with great ideas for his horns. The one I Pujé I play       was given to me by Tommy Loy shortly before he passed away. It's gold-plated and a real gem!
A friend of mine, Bob Sakoi, lost his Pujé when it was stolen, so he borrowed one and had Dick Alright make him another to the same dimensions...about $1500 plus. I've played it and it's also another great horn!
Nice thing about a Pujé is it's short and comfortable to hold, and has a tuning slide that is on the final bend that tunes the whole horn! You can flatten any note with it!
Warm regards,
Bob Romans,
1617 Lakeshore Dr.,
Lodi, Calif., 95242