[Dixielandjazz] MP3MyMP3 - help required

Clive Smith scousersmith at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 13:20:19 PDT 2009

Dear all

For some years now I have cooperated with list mate Luis Flores (Argentina)
with a 30 minute program of OKOM, ripping music, adding comments in Spanish
and then transmitting to him via Whalemail.

I have just installed the MP3MyMP3 recording program (the old MusicMatch
having been killed off by Yahoo) and after some trial and error, got the
hang of it. I have now ripped the tunes I want to send this week and on
play-back the tempos are perfectly in line with the source CD. No problem
there.

The problem is with voice - I have checked and re-checked the settings for
recording voice via microphone but on play back, my voice always comes out
at a slower tempo and lower pitch than my normal speaking voice - put
another way, its like playing 78 rpm at 45 rpm and sounds awful.

I should say I am something of an ignoramus with computers so have no idea
what's going nor how to correct it. Can one of you computer whiz-kids on the
List offer me some advice and instructions in order to correct this - please
keep to words of two syllables, three max. !!

Many thanks & regards

Clive Smith
New Orleans