[Dixielandjazz] Peggy Lee

Barb Jordan jordan_barb at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 24 19:08:59 UTC 2009

Definitely not politically correct today.

Peggy's expression reminds me of my mother, who used to say "manana" alot and as a kid I always wondered where she got that that word from. Probably Peggy's tune.

My mom was a huge lover of big band music and used to go dancing 7 nights a week while she was in the WAC in Longbranch just outside of Toronto.

She even hitchhiked to NYC with her girlfriend dressed in their army clothes.  I guess they thought the uniform would offer some kind of protection, but those were such different times compared to now!

Barbara Jordan

Burlington, Ontario, Canada