[Dixielandjazz] Peggy Lee

Janie McCue Lynch janie39 at socal.rr.com
Fri Jul 24 16:18:12 UTC 2009

Steve, thank you so much for posting those links.

IMHO, I prefer Peggy Lee to both of the others.  She has more sex appeal in
the tip of her little finger than Barbra has in her entire body.

That being said, I preferred Barbra's version to Sarah Vaughn's.  I LOVE
Sassy," but didn't care for this particular rendition.

Janie
janie39 at socal.rr.com

For all you romantic jazz musicians on the list. See/hear a very sexy
Peggy Lee asking: "What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcsoF1G3yAQ

You can compare it to Sarah Vaughn and Barbra Streisand if desired.

Vaughn  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoEfbrlraks&feature=fvw

Streisand  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQWqmiHK-WE&feature=related

IMO, one of the GREAT love songs and one where Miss Lee bests the
other two.

Cheers,
Steve (ever the romantic) Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband