[Dixielandjazz] bass(tuba) line for slow tunes (Jim Franz)

Kerry Maule snapturtle at gci.net
Wed Jul 8 12:24:26 PDT 2009

From: Kerry Maule

As a former bass guitarist I can recommend 2 excellent books on navigating
chord progressions and constructing bass lines.  The best is ³The
Improviser¹s Bass Method² by Chuck Sher,, and nearly as good, but intended
more for upright or electric basses, is ³The Evolving Bassist² by Rufus
Reid.  The Sher book especially does a great job of bridging the gap between
reading and improvising.
--
Kerry Maule
Snapping Turtle Music