[Dixielandjazz] bass(tuba) line for slow tunes (Jim Franz)

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed Jul 8 14:18:15 PDT 2009

Thanks for the references, Kerry!
I had seen the Sher book but not the Reid.

For me, and a lot of other tuba blowers, there is no difference
between String Bass, Electric Bass and Tuba when it comes to laying
down the Bass Line (except that Tuba can play long notes without
switching over to bow, but we do have to take a breath every once in a
while. ;-)
It is true that SB and EB parts are usually written one octave up, in
the staff, and Tuba parts are down an octave from that,  but the notes
are sounding the same when played.

Dave Richoux