[Dixielandjazz] Is Nick LaRocca the creator of Jazz

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed Jan 21 15:45:23 PST 2009

I was just going through some boxes of old magazines and stuff - found
a copy of the New Orleans Gambit from 1989 (Jazzfest edition) that has
an article about the whole Nick La Rocca controversy by Ronnie Virgets
(local author and TV personality.)  I looked for text of it on-line
but with not much luck.

I will attempt a scan and text conversion, but the software for that
is still not the greatest!

Dave Richoux