[Dixielandjazz] Scratchy Grooves - Treasure Trove of OKOM.

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 08:02:21 PST 2009

For almost 20 years, a friend of mine, and fan of our band, Bill
Chambless hosted a radio program from the University of Delaware in
Newark, DE called "Scratchy Grooves". It ran once a week and most were
an hour long. (some 90 minutes) It featured music from roughly 1900 to
1940 that he had collected on records. When Bill passed away, the show
ended.

His son, John, is an editor at the Daily Local News in West Chester
PA, (my old home town before moving 30 miles away to Oxford) and has
been lovingly putting these programs on computer for all to enjoy.
While not yet complete, there is an astounding amount of music on the
below website. You can choose which programs to hear easily and I
guarantee there is something there for everybody. (About 100 shows or
100+ hours of music)

Like The Boswell Sisters, A Young Bing Crosby with The Rhythm Boys,
Mildred Bailey, Paul Whiteman, Billie Holiday, Mae West, Ruth Etting,
Ben Pollock, Hoagy Carmichael, Isham Jones, Rudy Vallee, Eubie Blake
etc, etc, etc. He has about 100 shows on the site so far

http://www.scratchygrooves.com/

Enjoy this fascinating and free site.

Cheers,

Steve Barbone