[Dixielandjazz] Making Love To The Audience

pj.ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 14 01:51:28 PST 2009

At the end of a dance the last two or three tunes were the ones that were
usually the most critical between the the two dancers., will she . won't
she, will he ????>>

Hi Ed,
in the UK the last number at a dance was always a slow waltz entitled
`Whose taking you home tonight`

The rest of the lyrics were (I think)

W t y h t
After the dance is through
Whose going to hold uou tight
Saying `Darling I love you, I love you I do`
Whose the lucky guy that going your way
To kiss you goodnight at your doorway
W t y h t
Darling, oh can`t you see
I want that boy to be me.

That was fine as far as it went except that you would probably find the girl
had also promised to go home with some fancy pants Air Force guy. We called
them Brylcreem Boys (Brylcreem was gloop that you put on your hair) and you
would probably end up with coats off behind the dance hall thumping each
opther.
Happy Days?

Cheers

Pat