[Dixielandjazz] Henry Fonda, trumpeter

Anton Crouch anton.crouch at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jan 2 17:15:50 PST 2009

Hello Dave

Very nice. First polar bears and, now, this  :-)

Henry Fonda actually played the part of a trumpet player in the comedy
"On Our Merry Way" (1948). Have a look at

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0040664/

It's an anthology movie with four stories on the subject "How has a
child influenced your life?". It's the first feature film teaming of
Fonda and his friend James Stewart and has a cameo appearance by Harry
James.

Well worth seeking-out for Fonda and Stewart's performances. I don't
know whose trumpet playing it is on the soundtrack.

All the best,
Anton