[Dixielandjazz] When Dixieland Rocked.

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Fri Jan 2 16:13:27 PST 2009

Thad (and all) -

when I wrote "young(ish)" I was only implying that many of the
musicians were 20 to 30 years younger than me!  While I was not the
oldest participant/audience member  at either Honk! I was definitely
on the high end of the age curve. Honk! is not a "Youth Band" event as
we think of it on this list.

It was interesting to stop in at a local bar or restaurant in
Somerville (where the Boston Honk actually is centered) and talk to
the local folk - they really enjoy the event and look forward to it
each year. While some told me they think some of the musicians dress
(and act) a bit strange, they did appreciate the energy and fun of the
music and dance. They had a good time!

I see preliminary rumors that there will be another Seattle Honk! the
weekend of April 10-12, 2009. Maybe it won't rain quite as much as
last year...  www.honkfestwest.com will have more info soon.

Dave Richoux