[Dixielandjazz] Louis Bellson

billsargentdrums at aol.com billsargentdrums at aol.com
Mon Feb 16 09:28:11 PST 2009

I am so very sad. I had the great priviledge and honor of spending a couple of days with him and his wife?last year and found him to be probably the nicest guy in the entire music business. His drumming also reflected that.

Frankly, I learned more about swing drumming from Louie than any other . . . he had a HUGE impact on my life.

Man, I'm going to miss his presence and whatever contributions he would have continued to make.

I am happy for him though, as this is one of those rare times I can say with 100% certainty, that he suffers no more and is 100% pain free today . . . due to the fact that I had the honor of presenting him with the "Hall Of Excellence" award at the international celebration of Drummers For Jesus in Dallas? . . . and he certainly knew the road to Heaven.

Play on Louie, we'll jam again someday!

Bill