[Dixielandjazz] 100 club

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 13 13:37:23 PST 2009

The reference I saw to financial problems at the 100 Club struck me as fairly characteristic of the present economic rather than OKOM situation.
As I recall from reading, the establishment began as the Feldman club, in the 1940s and with the boy wonder Victor Feldman star attraction in an initially family affair. Victor of course migrated later to the USA and a prominent career with among others the Adderley brothers, before an untimely demise.
I'm no longer in London much, but I do recall that jazz liable to appeal to members of this group tended to be neglected by publishers of information pages.