[Dixielandjazz] not too OT:Snake Suspenderz Hot Jass Band

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Fri Feb 13 14:12:29 PST 2009

Got this on the Novelty Music list -
the band is from the Seattle area and they play a variety of
instruments doing "Hot Jass, Hokum and Novelty Music." While not
everything they do is everybody's OKOM, there are some good "good ones!"

Dave RIchoux

__._,_.___
..., Snake Suspenderz, http://www.snakesuspenderz.com/  has just
released a new CD titled, Serpentine. There are 14 original tunes and
2 covers on it in a variety of jazzy styles featuring ukulele,
trombone, drums, tuba, guitar and a sprinkling of other instruments.

We really hit the novelty aspect of our band hard on this one. There
are songs about naughty monkeys, dysfunctional romances, sausages and
politics (and how they are alike), creepy teddy bears, 20th century
fads, lawyers and other snaky people, and all sorts of madness in
similar veins.

You can stream the entire CD at the Snake Suspenderz BandCamp page, http://snakesuspenderz.bandcamp.com
   as well as downloading the whole thing (or selected cuts) in a wide
variety of audio formats, not just mp3. Naturally, you can also buy
the physical disc.

Even if you decide to just give it a listen, do let us know what you
think about it!