[Dixielandjazz] Verse for "A Good Man Is ...."

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Tue Dec 8 20:21:45 PST 2009

Most of the lyrics I found show credit to Eddie Green, 1918 and have
that line the way you show it.

This Bessie Smith version

http://www.ilike.com/artist/Bessie+Smith/track/A+Good+Man+Is+Hard+To+Find

does it a bit differently:

My heart's sad and I'm a alone,
My man treats me mean.
I regret the day that i was born,
and that man I ever seen.

which makes a bit more sense (but not much.)

Dave RIchoux