[Dixielandjazz] Band Personna

Janie McCue Lynch janie39 at socal.rr.com
Thu Dec 3 13:40:34 PST 2009

Good points, Steve...I absolutely agree that there will always be different
perceptions of different bands, different likes and dislikes....and I should
have stated so in my original post.  I just make my choices and don't go to
hear a band that isn't personally pleasing to me....but for others who enjoy
it, that's great.  Kind of like wine -- if it tastes good to the person
drinking it, it's a fabulous wine....if it doesn't taste good, who cares if
it's a $100 bottle....it's not pleasing.

Janie
Janie39 at socal.rr.com

IMO, when playing to audiences of what ever type, the band should try
and reach the majority of them. There will always be folks who say
"you are too serious" as well as others  who say "you clown around to
much" , or those who say "you are too loud" while others say "I can "t
hear you." Etc., etc., etc.

Too often we players and listeners feel that if something doesn't
appeal to us personally, then it is wrong. IMO, that's a blind alley.
It is what appeals to "most" of the audience that will carry the day
and assure continued success.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband