[Dixielandjazz] Josephine in New Jersey

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Aug 28 15:23:46 PDT 2009

Katie Cavera sent the following information and links [snipped]:
> "Josephine" is coming to America!  The show is a musical comedy
> about Josephine Baker and New Orleans jazz.  I'll be in the pit
> playing tenor banjo and guitar and my fellow musicians include:
> David Boeddinghaus (piano & musical director), Chris Tyle (trumpet),
> David Sager (trombone), Otis Bazoon (reeds), James Alsanders (dums)
> and Tom Saunders (bass).
>    http://www.peakperfs.org/
> ....'visit the show's website:
>    http://www.alarecherchedejosephine.fr/
> Or here's my own personal take on the show:
>    http://katiecavera.com/letters.html

Dear Katie,
Wonderful!!!
Thank you.
For those DJMLers have been following Katie's travel posts don't
<delete> any of the above without a proper look.
Long clips of magnificent performances all round (including the band).
May the show have an extremely long, and successful run, in the US.
And Canada?
It would  certainly 'do well' in Australia.
Very kind regards,
Bill (who immediately went to the shelf and dug out the Josephine
Baker records).
PS: Give our best wishes to David Boeddinghaus, who stopped with us
during a Swedish Jazz Kings visit to Sydney, Oz, some years back.