[Dixielandjazz] OKOM

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed Aug 26 09:42:25 PDT 2009

Howard Wiseman wrote:

"Our kind of music" implies to me an inate snobbishness and musical
bigotry..

Jim Kashishian wrote:

The OKOM abbreviation was developed on DJML only as that, an
abbreviation....a way to get around using words like Dixieland, trad, etc.,
which got us into never ending discussions about what each of those words
meant to each one.  There is/was nothing more to it than that.

Bob Ringwald adds:

Using the acronym OKOM on DJML is the same as using BTW (By The Way), LOL (Laughing Out Loud
, ITMT (In The Mean Time), etc.

--Bob Ringwald

Check out our latest recording at www.ringwald.com/recordings.htm

"I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that
money can buy."  --Steve Martin

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4360 (20090823) __________

http://www.eset.com