[Dixielandjazz] You are What You Listen To

Ivor Jones banjones at sapo.pt
Tue Aug 25 13:50:09 PDT 2009

I'll second that Judy.

Somebody out there might be interested....I've just finished reading a book
by (Sir) Kingsley Amis. It's called New Maps of Hell, published in 1960 A
tome about the
history of  Science Fiction. He postulates the position that people who read
Sci-Fi are people who like, and listen to, jazz. Interestingly he also
writes that they
are mostly of a left wing persuasion. He implied that this was a position
not just prevalent in England. I believe this is true. I find this
encouraging.

Regards to all,

Ivor in Portugal
.