[Dixielandjazz] You are What You Listen To

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 25 06:54:06 PDT 2009

On Aug 24, 2009, at 9:42 PM, Gluetje1 at aol.com wrote:

> The most interesting thing to me about the below is that while fans
> of later jazz may be liberals, I find liberals very scarce among
> OKUM fans.
> Ginny
>
> In a message dated 8/24/2009 9:53:12 A.M. Central Daylight Time, barbonestreet at earthlink.net
>  writes:
>
> You are what you listen to, says new study of music lovers
>
> Think twice before proudly showing off your iPod playlist. Your choice
> of music may mark you out as
> boring, dim and unattractive, according to new research from the
> University of Cambridge.
>
> By Anita Singh, Showbusiness Editor
> Published: 8:00AM BST 22 Aug 2009

remainder snipped for brevity

I was wondering if anyone else would pick up on that. I agree that
more than a few OKOM fans and some OKOM musicians are further to the
right than the birthers and death panel believers. Then again, at
least 10% of the people in the USA believe that the sun revolves
around the earth.

Sadly enough, quite a few people out there don't consider OKOM as
jazz, but rather a re-creation of old time music.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband