[Dixielandjazz] Reginald Kell

Michael Dipietro dipietro at med.umich.edu
Wed Aug 12 10:06:22 PDT 2009

I have been trying to find a published version of Reginald Kell's lecture or essay, "The Gentle Art of Diminuendo."
So far I have had no luck, but a colleague found  your article on "Dixiland Jazz of Clarinets and Sopranos ..." on line at http://ml.islandnet.com/pipermail/dixielandjazz/2005-June/027685.html   in which you make this reference
"Sir Reginald Kell entitles his lecture, "The Gentle Art of Diminuendo."  "

This is the best lead so far after several months of searching.

If you could refer me to this article, which I understand was published, I and several music colleagues would appreciate it greatly.

Thank you so much.

Michael DiPietro, MD
University of Michigan
dipietro at umich.edu