[Dixielandjazz] Eleanor Powell and Buddy Rich

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 24 02:25:46 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Haesler"
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Eleanor Powell and Buddy Rich

> Dear mates,
> Watch for Tommy Dorsey in the intro, listen for Ziggy Elman and Heinie
> Beau in the band backing and marvel at Ms Powell and Buddy Rich,
> particularly right at the end.
> Don't mention the name of the film or the video police will pull this
> great clip.
>     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R8InADno6o&feature=related
> Kind regards,
> Bill.

Dear Bill,

Thanks for the nod on this although I've long had this clip on VHS, it's
nice to have it downloaded and saved to my PC too, along with so many other
great jazz & swing performances on YouTube. Another clip worth seeing - if
not already discovered -  is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWW6QeeVzDc   An
interesting soundtrack and a very confusing, but again interesting,
production set with mirrors etc. I've had this clip on VHS too for many
years but still haven't worked out all the perspectives of the set design.
The full 9m 36s sequence is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx3EmspoDpI

Another Buddy and Ziggy gem is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjdFkzRiyls
along with two pianists !! The young trumpet player is I believe Graham
Young. I've Googled until groggy without turning up any info about him or
for that matter, the two pianists. They look familiar but names elude me.

With all this wonderful visual/audio OKOM on tap, my external hard drive was
a good investment ;~))

Regards,
~~
John D