[Dixielandjazz] little lost song........

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Thu Sep 18 22:54:28 PDT 2008

Thanks, Bill.  I for one was happy to get that history.  Phil W.  also sent
me his lead sheets which includes the two verses which I did not  previously
have, same lyrics you included in your email.  I do like  some chorus lyric
conversion that happened somewhere along the way.  The  line, "you're cravin'
Someone's company" I've learned as "you're cravin' wimmin,  wine, and song" or
variously, "wine, women, and song".

The chorus is familiar to many in U.S. banjo community.  Local  sing a long
audiences request it fairly often.  Course we're just across  the state from
Kansas City.  (But I have also never heard it identified  locally as other than,
"The Torch".
Ginny

In a message dated 9/19/2008 12:40:06 A.M. Central Daylight Time,